Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Creamy Goat's Milk Soap by Lemon Lollipop


A long time ago, in an Etsy shop far, far away...

I have Star Wars on the brain...did I mention that this week is STAR WARS WEEK at our house? We are watching the Star Wars movies in galaxy chronological order and I'm LOVING it! I feel like I'm finally getting the big picture watching them in order! When 'Star Wars: A New Hope' debuted in 1977, I saw it in the theater...Darth Vader was so scary! But now, knowing that he's the little boy Anakin Skywalker from 'The Phantom Menace', I just look at him differently. I like that I'm watching the same movie but experiencing it in a whole new way!

But, I digress...SOAP is also on my mind. What I started to say is that LONG AGO, we offered Goat's Milk Soap in our Four Seasons Fragrance scents (see photo above)...which got me thinking.

To put it simply, there's essentially two ways to offer soap...we can make our own soap from scratch using the cold-process method or we can use a melt & pour base. Making soap from scratch is a big commitment, we would need some equipment like exclusive pots and pans and molds, etc. Using lye demands special precautions. After making a batch of soap and pouring it into a mold, the soap must be cut and cured for about a month. I've done this in the past and may do it again in the future, but for now, we're going to offer our FAVORITE, rich and creamy, melt & pour soap. This involves melting the base, mixing in the fragrance and pouring into a mold. The soap can be completely hard within about an hour. In the past, we received rave reviews about our Creamy Goat's Milk Soap and I think it would be a great addition to our line.

All that thinking has led to a little buying and we are going to have soap soon! If you've ever used goat's milk soap, you know that it can get mushy if you don't protect it. One must keep it from sitting in water on an adequate soap dish. Just thinking about this soap gets me really excited to make some and take photos and launch it on our site!

What scents should I offer first? I was thinking about Unscented and Lavender and Peach! Leave your comments and requests below!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous post! Simply fabulous! I am a fan of peach scent, but my all-time favorite soap scent is ALMOND!!

    ReplyDelete